Wilby Park’s drag/burnout days for cars and bikes are very popular too and competitors and spectators come from far and wide. Many of the cars are regular family cars. Our drag strip is 1/8th mile long. Our track doesn’t cater for what you may call the “big bangers”. At our last drag day we had 12 classes for cars and 4 classes for motorbikes.
Pits open with Scrutineering then the Drag racing starts. Check NEXT EVENT for opening & starting times. From then on it is a continuous line of cars and bikes lining up to go down the strip as many times as they possibly can, each one trying to clock up a better time than their previous run. At the end of the day the two competitors with the best times in their particular class are into the finals. Trophies are awarded for 1st and 2nd for both male and female competitors.
Cars to compete must have tail shaft loop, an overflow bottle, 2nd return spring on throttle, no hubcaps, all wheel nuts, seatbelt and brakes working.
No passengers allowed.
(More info below).
24th OCT 2010, 6th FEB 2011 and the 1st of MAY 2011.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL COMPETITORS ON DRAG/BURNOUT DAYS.
1. Gates open at 8:00 am.
2. Fill in all the details (clearly) on your competitor entry form.
3. Empty car boot of all tools etc. and car of all loose items. Car should be Drag ready,
including tyres for street or drag class. There will be NO class changing during the day.
Street on all four or drag tyres on all four, prior to scrutineering.
4. Scrutineering commences at 8:30 am.
5. Line up for scrutineering - when completed - park your car.
6. Bring your completed entry form A.S.A.P. to the check-in table at the pit office.
7. Fill in your name & sign the waiver form.
8. Make sure you get your pit pass band put on your right wrist.
9. MINIMUM OF TWO (2) RUNS TO QUALIFY FOR FINALS.
10. Street class cars must have roadworthy street legal tyres. No street slicks or dot
approved tyres allowed in Street Class – Cars with these tyres will go into Drag class.
11. Cars with Nitrous Oxide will be in Drag class regardless of setup.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE PIT GATE CLOSES AT 10:45 am.
LATE ARRIVALS CAN EXPECT DELAYS.
BURNOUT COMPETITORS NOTE: YOU GET ONLY ONE CHANCE ON THE PAD.
1. Driver and ONE passenger only, allowed to enter the infield to the burnout pad.
(No passengers on bikes of course)
2. You have approximately two (2) minutes on the pad to give it your “ALL”. If unable
to perform you will leave the pad earlier.
3. A stopwatch will be set to time you.
4. Red flags and sirens indicate your time is up – smoke or no smoke. Failure to comply will
see you disqualified from the competition.
5. Once your time is up, pull to the OUTSIDE OF THE SPEEDWAY TRACK to check
For fire ect. PLEASE DO NOT drive on our speedway track to get back to the pits.
Your consideration would be appreciated.